If you surf Internet then obviously you are aware of Google or other search engines like Yahoo or Bing. They all have a search bar, where you type a keyword that you would like to search and after hitting “Enter”, you usually get a list of websites. When you scroll down, you might find a number of pages at the bottom of the page. These pages show up the websites in order according to their ranks and yes, that is what SEO does, that is giving websites a rank higher than others. SEO is a way which helps search engines like Google, Yahoo and others find the website and therefore ranking them higher than others when a related query is searched.
There are mainly two types of Search Engine Optimization,
- White hat SEO:– it is a clean SEO process. There are guidelines set by search engines which have to be followed to make the SEO sustainable and ethical. It ensures that the enquiry by the visitors is the same as search engine has it in the order, therefore giving the proper ranking.
- Black Hat SEO: When the guidelines of the search engine are ignored or overcome by false methods like tricks or bad content and unlike White Hat SEO, called as Black SEO. This can be used to give a quick ranking to website on the first or top page for a while, but this can be resulted in a big penalty by getting ban or totally removed by search engine.
Methods of SEO
The optimization can be done in many ways. Many SEO experts use their own methods instead of some certain rules. Actually there are no specific rules so whatever works is fine. However, here are a few basic methods to be used which could be beneficial all the time.
On page Optimization– To increase the performance of the website by targeting the keywords phrases and content, On Page SEO is done. This contains
- Title tag
- Original and quality content
Off Page Optimization– The optimization done from externally or without interrupting the web pages. This can be done by creating the links. It includes:
- E-newsletters and press releases
- Article submission
- Blog commenting
- Social media
- Directories submission
- Social bookmarking
- Proper linking from other sites
Benefits of SEO
There are innumerable benefits of SEO services for businesses. Great benefits that SEO could bring include website traffic, brand name visibility, bigger sales and higher return on investments. Most of the SEO processes are helpful in achieving these goals. Some of the important benefits that effective SEO tools can deliver for your business are:
- As SEO mainly focuses on the keywords and phrases which was selected by the client to reach the desired audience, it ensures the client that he/she will get an exposure in the desired area by offering them whatever is needed.
- Another benefit of SEO is its cost effectiveness, which lets the client to invest a little to gain a lot.
- SEO helps to raise the number of visitors through selected keywords and phrases which increases the potential visitors and could bring a huge profit to the company as they could be turned into potential customers.
- If SEO is white hat, then the client can be rest assure that he/she is in safe hands as once gained the top rank, the position can be attained for a longer period of time.
- The SEO is probably the best marketing way online which could boost the sales and bring in a big business.
- The higher up the search engine result page your business’ website appears, the better its corporate or brand image to web surfers. A business that appears on the 1st search engine page, commands a huge respect from clients.
Search engine optimization services are essential not only for companies which compete online, but it has turned to be a compulsory investment for every business. Getting an optimized website for small establishments is the utter minimum requirement with the current economic situations and the cash spent on SEO services ought to be regarded as an investment not an added cost.